10 Easy Guitar Chords For Beginners
Learning to play the guitar is a great and rewarding experience. In this article, we will talk about some easy guitar chords that every guitar student should learn.
These are the chords that every beginner should begin with before they can move on to something more challenging. They are sometimes called the open position chords because they contain at least one open string. Read our related post if you would like to know about the guitar strings names.
1. Basic E Minor Chord
This is used most of the time in different songs so it should be the one to start with. It is one of the most basic guitar chords because it is easy and it has a special flavor to it.
2. Basic C Major Chord
You don’t have to mention the word major, it is assumed. You just need to strum the top 5 strings together, which are the highest sounding strings not highest as with respect to their relationship to the floor. When there is an X in a guitar chord chart, this means that you shouldn’t play that string or to mute it.
Practicing Easy Guitar Chords
You should learn to do 2 things when you practice these easy guitar chords:
1. Play the notes of the chord individually to ensure that they are sounding good.
2. Practice keeping a steady beat while switching between different chords. You shouldn’t stop and you should learn to switch between chords quickly and perfectly without stopping to get the best sounds possible.
You need to practice these chords with some chords progression which is just a common combination of the chords:
1. Strum only 1 beat to each measure to have enough time to move to the next chord.
2. Next you should try strumming on beats 1 and 3.
3. After you have mastered that, you should be able to strum all 4 beats together.
10 Examples of Easy Guitar Chords
1. Knockin’ on heaven’s doors by Bob Dylan.
2. Love me do by The Beatles.
3. Wonderful World by Sam Cook.
4. Fire by Bruce Springsteen.
5. The one I love by REM.
6. Stay with me by Sam Smith.
7. With or without you by U2.
8. Lazy song by Bruno Mars.
9. Otherside by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
10. Redemption song by Bob Marley.